April’s subscription issue of Enchanted Times Mini is now available to pre-order! ETM #0.5 v.ii Frogments is a brand new, never-before-released issue featuring the latest Frog Prince claimant and exploring his unexpected connection with Cinderella. A slightly fishy tale of murder, mermaids & madness is also previewed. Further details and additional images can be found here.
Frogments will be available to purchase singly throughout the month of April only so order now to avoid disappointment! (Alternatively, check out subscription options for the latest news once upon a time & time again!)
Be behind the Times, not behind the times! ETPrintworks has recently released 4 new back issues of Enchanted Times Mini, to keep you up to speed with all the latest, oldest stories. Now available:
- ETM #0.1 – Reverse, Revise Recycle:
an introduction to the everyday philosophies of the Enchanted Realms, and an overview of how our times have changed/are ever-changing. This issue features 2 original illustrations of the less common Lemur interpretations of Little Red Riding Hood and Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. We also report on an ongoing trial regarding Mr. B. B. Wolf and the Pygg brothers, proprieters of property rental outfit, Pygg Lets. The AAAA (Action Against Archetypes Alliance) anxiously awaits the outcome.
- ETM #2.5 vol. i – The rat in the hat came back:
we discover what happened when the Pied Piper made the mistake of returning to the scene of his most infamous crime, and the townsfolk finally exacted their revenge. This issue is sponsored by Pied Piper Pipes (Providing Pipes for the Professional Piper in Pursuit of Piping Perfection). We also feature an exclusive ‘evil rat’ illustration by Linda Bowman, and an equally exclusive ‘evil rat’ embroidery pattern for cross stitch and/or blackwork.
- ETM #5.5 vol. i – None so blind:
introduces the King’s plan for a healthier future, beginning with provision of free salad plants for all households, and includes a redeemable coupon for you to claim your own FREE packet of Rapunzel seeds! This issue also features the press release issued by Queen Rapunzel herself, recounting the events which led up to the Great Salad Plan; plus small ads from our sponsors, plus an update on the latest Witch Report, in which the Bad Fairy responsible for the Big Sleep is finally apprehended and brought to trial. Further news on this in our next issue.
- ETM #5.5 vol. ii – The big sleep:
reports on activities within the Royal household – which have long lain dormant – following the awakening of the young Princess Aurora. Why has she been forbidden from conducting interviews with reporters directly? Who is her unusually short Prince, and why does he have such an affinity for the accursed spinning wheel, such a fondness for gold, and such keenness with regard to the production of Royal babies…? We address these questions and more! In other news, the newly crowned Princess Cinderella steps forward as ambassador for StABS (Stop Abuse of Beautiful Stepdaughters) Foundation; and we bring you small ads from our sponsors, including a new spin on the old classic, Who’s Afraid? Worry Bag, now complete with Royal endorsement!
A 3 for 2 offer is also available on most back issues of Enchanted Times Mini – choose this option for the best deal on both cover price & postage!
Enchanted Times #4 will be going to press in the coming week – PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY NOW
& receive an exclusive set of 5 mini notecards sponsored by your favourite Goblin Market brands:
& the Fast-As-You-Can
Weight Loss Plan.
The new issue of Enchanted Times brings you even more old stories in new news, time & time again!
Highlights of the new issue include:
- Naked – the possibly real story of the nightingale behind the Emperor’s recent & shameful public exposure
- The swirly bird – a cross stitch pattern adapted from a brand new and exclusive illustration by Holly Mitchell
- DIY swatch-weaving tutorial – an advertisement feature courtesy of WeaveWorld
- An Exceptional Clothier by guest reporter Anne E. Johnson – revealing secrets about the Emperor’s New Clothes, Cinderella and more
- Rates of Exchange – the tale of a simple barter gone dramatically wrong
- The Art of Gold – in which a friend and colleague of Rumpelstiltskin defends his actions
- The Mirror – book review supplement: a reflection of contemporary literature in the fairy tale genre. This issue focuses on Rumpelstiltskin adaptations.
- The Puzzled Page – a brand new feature, including micro-fiction re-tellings of Red Riding Hood and Snow White, plus 2 word puzzles
- Small Ads from our loyal sponsors throughout
Don’t miss it!
Also available now is a catch-up BUMPER BUNDLE of Enchanted Times back issues, including the first omnibus edition (featuring the best of the out of print issues, ET #1 & #2), Enchanted Times #3, and 5 different Enchanted Times Minis for all the updates on and between issues.
Catch up on the latest news stories from the enchanted realms – look out for Enchanted Times #2 arriving at an Etsy Store near you in the very near future! What awaits you? Here are some of the highlights:
- FREE GIFT: nettle yarn sample
- FREE GIFT: promotional postcards
- Cover story: the big bad wolf and YOU
- Cover-story: judging a book by its cover (how fairy tale archetypes are not as recognisable as in times gone by)
- Feature story: The Ugliest Duckling
- Exclusive interview: Cinderella Sweeping, Cinderella’s Weeping
- Piecework: Splinter – the first part of an ongoing serial, also available online
- Letters to the Editor
- Small ads
- Reviews: The Mirror – a brand new ET supplement, reflecting contemporary fairy tale literature