Despite multiple reports of mirror malfunction (you know the stories) Truth-Be-Told continues to ride high on a wave of Goblin Market popularity, returning the public’s gaze with an ever-unflinching stare. The Truth-Be-Told name and reputation remain somehow untarnished, as the company refuses to be blamed for user foolishness (eg switching to Bold as Brass setting when user has already been diagnosed as having a fatal allergy to the truth).
Upon reflection, we believe the all-new Truth-Be-Told Gift Set* could be the perfect stocking filler for the forthcoming festive season. Available in bestselling Bold as Brass setting, as well as the perennially popular White Liar for those who prefer a state of happy delusion, now you can give the gift of truth (or lies)!
* Gift set contains: Truth-Be-Told pocket mirror, Truth-Be-Told pinback button badge, Truth-Be-Told miniature notecard, and miniaturised edition of Enchanted Times Mini: Upon Reflection
PART 1: THE MIRROR
My mother died when I was born. My father was wracked with guilt for years afterward, although there was nothing he could have done about it. In my bedroom, there hung a huge circular mirror, much larger than I was at that time. My father used to say, “Your mirror is a window onto the world, and the world will watch over you while you sleep.” He also once said, “It was your mother’s mirror, and I can’t bear to see her face in it. So she can stay with you, and watch your world.” He only said that second thing the once, though, and I was halfway drifted to sleep as he stroked my hair, so I was never absolutely certain. He certainly never said it again. Continue reading
Catch up on the latest news stories from the enchanted realms – look out for Enchanted Times #2 arriving at an Etsy Store near you in the very near future! What awaits you? Here are some of the highlights:
- FREE GIFT: nettle yarn sample
- FREE GIFT: promotional postcards
- Cover story: the big bad wolf and YOU
- Cover-story: judging a book by its cover (how fairy tale archetypes are not as recognisable as in times gone by)
- Feature story: The Ugliest Duckling
- Exclusive interview: Cinderella Sweeping, Cinderella’s Weeping
- Piecework: Splinter – the first part of an ongoing serial, also available online
- Letters to the Editor
- Small ads
- Reviews: The Mirror – a brand new ET supplement, reflecting contemporary fairy tale literature