Apparently in the real world, gremlins are commonly believed to be fictional/mythical creatures -a misconception often commonly applied to other everyday creatures, such as the poltergeist or even the unicorn! Here in the Enchanted Realms, however, we can wholeheartedly assure you that the dastardly little critters do indeed exist, although the world might well be a better place without them and their irksome and singularly unhelpful habits. The predominant characteristic of the gremlin is its ability to locate the proverbial well-oiled machine, then take up residence in its dark and mysterious interior. Once inhabited, the previously well-oiled machine of course cannot run according to its usual efficacy due to gremlins obstructing its works. It therefore instantly stalls, and/or stops dead in its tracks, wreaking havoc in the surrounding environs which depend on aforementioned well-oiled machine to provide essential duties (whatever they may be).
Suffice to say, the ETPrintworks is currently suffering from exactly such an encounter as described above. While experts are sought for the most effective means of ridding our presses of the gremlin or gremlins which have made it their new home (cavorting gleefully, we assume, within its inky underbelly), the Printworks has been forced to outsource printing of the Enchanted Times, for the forseeable future. Regrettably, this means that such innovations as the recently introduced Teeny Tiny Times will be unavailable (for a time). However, it is not all bad news as a selection of the most popular back issues – ‘The Magnificent Seven’ – are now available in a brand new reprint. Please see the ETPrintworks store for full details.
We are also delighted to share these candid snapshots of one of our engrossed readers, who it turns out – despite fervent hopes – is sadly not an expert in gremlin exorcism…
(Photo courtesy of friend-to-the-elven, Rachel Gallagher of Titania’s Tea Party.)
To celebrate, we are offering a 20% discount
(when you spend £10 or more)
Use Etsy coupon code: RELAUNCHED
(Discounts will be applied automatically when coupon code is entered at Etsy checkout. Offer available until midnight on Sunday 10th March).
Back issues of Enchanted Times Mini are all currently discontinued. Each issue will now be available for a limited period of one month only, over the coming year. Three brand new, never-before-seen issues are also scheduled for release, and will investigate the stories of the Frog Prince (and Cinderella), Goldilocks and the Three Bears (and the Billy Goats Gruff), and Red Riding Hood (and the Big Bad Wolf).
Subscribe for a Full Year to be sure you don’t miss a thing! Full Year subscriptions also include free gifts and bonus issues which will not otherwise be available.
However, if you already have some back issues in your collection, you can fill the gaps by looking out for the monthly re-releases. Whether you subscribe for 1 month, 6 months or 12 months, your subscription issues will be delivered in an attractive presentation postcard (as shown), stamped by the Fast-As-You-Can Courier Company.
The March re-release is Enchanted Times Mini #0.5 v.i: Peas in our Time. It will be available throughout the month of March only!
Since we announced our January sale at the beginning of the month, we have learned that an anticipated re-location will affect the E.T.Printworks offices a little earlier than anticipated. The Printworks will now be entirely CLOSED throughout the month of February.
Place an order at E.T.Printworks* before the end of January and claim a 25% discount on your order simply enter coupon code NEWHOME at checkout
E.T.Printworks will re-launch in March with a number of new designs, ideas and paper-stock. Please note that certain items currently available will be discontinued following the re-launch, so buy now to avoid disappointment!
A monthly subscription will be introduced for single issues of Enchanted Times Mini so if there are any gaps in your collection you may wish to take advantage of the current 3 for 2 offer (combined with the aforementioned 25% discount!) before this option is retired.
Please also note that stocks of Enchanted Times Omnibus #1 are running perilously low. This issue will not be reprinted so don’t miss out on your last chance to buy!
*If you prefer to order through Folksy, drop me a line with or immediately following your order, and I will apply the discount retrospectively, as a Paypal refund.
As E.T.Printworks strives to bring you all the latest old stories in new news, we also strive to bring you products of the finest quality. With this in mind, we have recently undertaken a series of experiments to determine the best paper on which to print & preserve the stories we bring you. By the end of the month, all Enchanted Times Mini newspapers will be printed on a fine-grade recycled paper (in an elegant off-white shade with all-over speckling) which provides sharper print clarity and truer colour representation for the most pleasurable reading experience.
In the meantime, you can purchase copies of Enchanted Times Mini* at HALF PRICE while stocks of our original, standard paper are sold through. This offer will be available strictly while stocks last so don’t miss the opportunity to catch up on the latest old news and be Behind the Times for a fraction of the usual price!
*offer excludes ETM #3.5 Spin! which will continue to be printed on straw paper
Please look out for additional clearance items to be added to the sale category very soon!
Pop on your 7 league boots – it’s time to stride over to the ETPrintworks online store! A special print run of Enchanted Times Mini
has just been released, each issue printed on recycled coffee paper (with an elegantly mottled, parchment-like effect).
Only two of these limited edition gift sets* will EVER be available so don’t miss out!
*(Each gift set also contains a set of 4 mini Cover Story note cards & a mini sheet of all-new ‘Behind the Times’ seals.)
The latest old news to hit the fan is now available from an ETPrintworks store near you! Enchanted Times Mini, #0.5 vol.ii includes:
- up-to-the-minute news of trial proceedings in the case of Mr. B. B. Wolf v. the Pygg brothers (proprieters of popular property rental outfit, Pygg Lets), in which Mr. Wolf stands accused of wilful property damage, forced entry, and attempted burglary. Mr. Wolf denies all charges, claiming he was too weak to have acted with any violent motive, barely having recuperated from recent (near-fatal) axe wounds to the stomach.
- In other courtside news, we hear a Mr. T. Rolley’s accusations against the Billy Bros with regard to malicious and vindictive trip-trapping across the roof of Mr. Rolley’s Underbridge Lodge (his bridge being the only right of way to the pastures providing a prime location for the Billy Bros’ own Grass is Greener Guesthouse).
- Small ads also featured from a number of Enchanted Times sponsors, including ‘Who’s Afraid? Worry Bag’ (TM) and of course Pygg Lets.
See listing for further details.
Enchanted Times #4 will be going to press in the coming week – PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY NOW
& receive an exclusive set of 5 mini notecards sponsored by your favourite Goblin Market brands:
& the Fast-As-You-Can
Weight Loss Plan.
The new issue of Enchanted Times brings you even more old stories in new news, time & time again!
Highlights of the new issue include:
- Naked – the possibly real story of the nightingale behind the Emperor’s recent & shameful public exposure
- The swirly bird – a cross stitch pattern adapted from a brand new and exclusive illustration by Holly Mitchell
- DIY swatch-weaving tutorial – an advertisement feature courtesy of WeaveWorld
- An Exceptional Clothier by guest reporter Anne E. Johnson – revealing secrets about the Emperor’s New Clothes, Cinderella and more
- Rates of Exchange – the tale of a simple barter gone dramatically wrong
- The Art of Gold – in which a friend and colleague of Rumpelstiltskin defends his actions
- The Mirror – book review supplement: a reflection of contemporary literature in the fairy tale genre. This issue focuses on Rumpelstiltskin adaptations.
- The Puzzled Page – a brand new feature, including micro-fiction re-tellings of Red Riding Hood and Snow White, plus 2 word puzzles
- Small Ads from our loyal sponsors throughout
Don’t miss it!
Also available now is a catch-up BUMPER BUNDLE of Enchanted Times back issues, including the first omnibus edition (featuring the best of the out of print issues, ET #1 & #2), Enchanted Times #3, and 5 different Enchanted Times Minis for all the updates on and between issues.